- The Library is available by appointment only.
- Fellows have access to all the Library's journal, monograph, photograph, archive, and manuscript holdings.
- The Library's online catalog, accessible via the College web site, includes most of the College's books and journal holdings.
- Fellows automatically receive borrowing privileges for materials that circulate from the Library and are issued a library card. Some material, such as rare books, do not circulate.
- Advanced paging of material is available. Fellows may call the circulation desk, (215)563-3737, ext. 297, to request that items be paged in advance.
- Each fiscal year (July 1-June 30) Fellows receive 100 pages of photocopied materials free of charge from the Library for their own use. Requests in excess of 100 pages will be charged at $0.50 per page and billed monthly.
- Fellows using PubMed to search MEDLINE and other National Library of Medicine databases may utilize LoansomeDoc to place electronic orders for photocopies of documents from the College's document delivery department.
- Fellows may borrow books and journals from the Library free of charge. They may also request two items (books and journal articles) per year from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) free of charge. Each additional request will be filled for the cost of the ILL request plus a $5.00 service fee.
- Fellows may utilize a wide-range of services such as brief factual searches, citation verification, historical researches, and computerized literature searches. Fellows receive two free hours of extended reference work per fiscal year. Reference work beyond two hours is billed at the rate of $25.00 per hour.
- Free access Internet access is available in the Library Reading Room, 2nd Floor. Fellows may use one of two public access computer workstations to access Internet resources, including PubMed (MEDLINE) and CPPSource, the College of Physicians of Philadelphia's Online Catalog.
Fellows and their families are admitted to the Gallery and Mütter Museum free of charge.
A discount is offered on purchases from the Museum Store.
Invitations to College Programs
Fellows receive invitations to College programs including College Night, College Lectures, Section programs, Wood Institute programs, and the Annual Meeting.
The magnificent College building is available for rental for personal or professional meetings, conferences, or events. A reduced rate is offered to Fellows. Contact the Office of Facilities Rental at 215-563-3737, ext. 283 for additional information.
Fellows pay a discounted rate at the Central Allright parking lot on 21st and Ludlow Streets, located directly behind the College. Parking is free after 5:30 p.m. Parking stickers are provided at the beginning of each fiscal year.
Voting Privileges and Committee Service
Fellows enjoy the privilege of voting for College Officers and Trustees, and amendments to the By-Laws. They may also serve on College committees.