- Food and drink are not allowed within the galleries.
- Backpacks and large bags must be checked. Smaller bags may be carried on one shoulder or handheld. The College reserves the right to restrict any item for any reason.
- The use of cell phones is restricted to the audio tour only. All cell phones must be silenced while in the galleries. The speaker phone feature may not be used for any reason.
- Please do not sit on steps, platforms or ledges.
- Strollers are not permitted in the galleries for safety reasons. Child carriers strapped to a person's back are not permitted.
- Lecturing is permitted by advance agreement only.
- Photography of any kind is strictly prohibited. Violators will be asked to leave.
- For the consideration of others, please speak in a low volume.
- The College of Physicians of Philadelphia is private property. Possession of a firearm is strictly prohibited except by properly credentialed law enforcement officers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here for answers to the most frequent questions regarding visiting and making donations to the Museum.
There is metered on-street parking on most of the streets surrounding the College building, and several paid parking lots, including one on south 21st street, directly behind the College building.
The College is wheelchair accessible at the rear entrance of our building, on Van Pelt Street (which runs directly behind the College, parallel to 21st and 22nd Streets). At the glass door marked 'College of Physicians of Philadelphia," there is an intercom speaker and talk button located on the door jam. Press the button, and when someone responds, tell them you are visiting the Museum and need wheelchair access. Someone will come to the back door to assist you.
Group Visit Policies
We invite you to bring your class or group to visit the Mütter Museum. The College strongly values its relationship with the region's youth. Listed here are our
policies for student groups. Your cooperation with these policies will help ensure a fun, educational, and safe visit. Reservations must be made at least two weeks prior to the visit. Please note that we cannot schedule groups after 11:00 a.m. on weekends and that guided tours are not provided on weekends.
To schedule a group visit, please fill out our online tour form.
Please see our Imaging Policy.