Established in 2016 as a joint program of the Center for Education and Public Initiatives of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, Real Talk with Dr. Offutt, and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health, Pennsylvania Teen Health Week seeks to raise awareness of the health issues facing Pennsylvania teens. Through a variety of programs and activites, Pennsylvania Teen Health Week encourages teens to take charge of their physical and mental health to facilitate healthy choices they will carry throughout their lives.
PA Teen Health Week 2017
Pennsylvania Teen Health Week 2017
The most recent Pennsylvania Teen Health Week took take place January 9-13, 2017. Each day focused on a specific aspect of teen health:
- Monday, January 9: Nutrition/Fitness
- Tuesday, January 10: Violence Prevention
- Wendesday, January 11: Mental Health
- Thursday, January 12: Sexual Health
- Friday, January 13: Substance Use
Check back here regularly for updates on programs and activities. Be sure to also check Real Talk with Dr. Offutt for more information on teen health.
PA Teen Health Week 2016
Pennsylvania Teen Health Week in the News:
- "PA 'Teen Health Week' addresses opioid abuse, overdose deaths," WGAL, Jan. 9, 2017.
- "Pennsylvania Teens Gather In Harrisburg For Teen Health Week", CBS Philly, Jan. 9, 2017.
- "PA teens talk about opioid abuse," We Are Central PA, Jan. 9, 2017.
- "Teen Health Week underway in Pennsylvania," ABC 27 News, Jan. 9, 2017.
- "Teen Health Week," PA Homepage, Jan. 9, 2017.
- "PA Teen Health Week," Chester County Medicine, Fall 2016, pp. 18-19.
- "PA Celebrates First Teen Health Week," Philadelphia Gay News, March 31 2016.
- "Focusing on Teen Health: Physicians and State Officials Recognize Age Group's Unique Needs," The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society, Jan. 14, 2016.
- "PA. Launches First-Ever 'Teen Health Week' Spearheaded by Local Teen," Metro, Jan. 26, 2016.
- "PA's First Teen Health Week Highlights Unique Issues Youth Face," Penn Medicine News Blog, Feb. 22, 2016.
(CLICK HERE for more information on becoming a future sponsor)
Pennsylvania Teen Health Week 2017 was sponsored by Pennsylvania Southeast Region Area Health Education Center (AHEC); System of Care, a program of the Delaware County Department of Human Services; Honeygrow; and the Craig Dalsimer Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia .
If you or your organization would like to help in Pennsylvania Teen Health Week 2018, please consider becoming a sponsor. Sponsorships help defray the costs of...
...transportation for teens from across the state to attend the big kickoff in Harrisburg!
...ordering lime green spirit items (wristbands, bandanas, t-shirts) to help raise awareness!
...printing and development costs for the educatonal Toolkits!
...other suggestions you may have!